Santa’s Reindeer Roundup Express at New Hope Valley Railway
December 5 - December 6
Grab tickets now for Santa’s Reindeer Roundup Express, a very popular event at New Hope Valley Railway, about a half-hour from Raleigh.
Train rides are happening:
- December 5-6
- December 12-13
- December 19
- We don’t know yet if there are any modifications to the event for 2020. We expect that there will have to be some distancing between Santa and children, unlike in the picture above! Masks will be required.
- This reindeer on the railroad tracks will transport passengers on a search for Santa’s nine missing reindeer (including Rudolph) that can be spotted during their ride and in the rail yard. Frosty the Snowman will greet visitors as they arrive, while Santa Claus is on board to pose for photos and visit with each child during the hour-long train ride.
- Visitors ride in roof-covered, open-air passenger cars and are encouraged to dress for the weather. Trains will operate in the snow, sleet, or rain, so plan to dress accordingly.
- Concessions with kid-friendly food will be available for purchase during each ride day.
- The Garden Railroad (G Scale) featuring Thomas the Train and a Holiday-themed train will be operating and attendees can view the North Carolina Railway Museum during their visit to the railway.
- There will be several departure times throughout the day.
- Tickets cost $13 for adults, $12 for seniors (ages 60+), $11 for children (ages 2-12), and are free for infants under two years of age who sit in the lap of an adult ticketholder.
- Santa’s Reindeer Roundup Express trains can sell out. NHVR recommends buying tickets online at www.TriangleTrain.com and arriving at the rail yard 30 minutes prior to the train departure time